Sunday, August 8, 2010

The bound to happen Breakup.

I could stare at you for hours,
but the light in your eyes would never return.
Wish I could replace your pain with perfect flowers,
but in horror i fight the sadness as I watch you squirm.
Hope washes over me in waves of disbelief,
the sun goes down and the moon comes up,
i just know it won't be enough.
But in my heart ill always hold you high,
you were that one special guy.
i love you, i always will.
but its too soon for my heart to spill.
only a fool would fall,
and I'm only a porcelain doll.
I cant take that risk,
you showed me everything,
but something was missing.
I can't explain, and i know it hurts.
But time will heal all our faults.
I promise to always be around,
to always help you off the ground.
My love will always be for you,
but for now to myself i have to be true.
I must leave this all behind,
for some clear and peaceful piece of mind.
With my eyes closed I'll walk through this door,
and I'll keep walking because we can not give up anymore.
Life is hard and people get hurt all the time,
but we cant just lay on our backs and die.
we have to stiffen up our lips and keep on walking,
because in the end, it was all worth the pain.
all the happiness we once knew, all the love, all the talking.
just because it ended doesn't mean it should be washed away in the rain.
-Amber Womack 8/9/10

No comments: