Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Something about something or other?

Some how
I cry every night,
My eyes get puffy and red,
in the morning I just don't feel right,
I almost feel dead.
Walking through the dark,
I look for something that feels familiar,
something to ignite that spark,
so I don't feel like such a failure.
I left and practically ran into the door,
The look on your face left nothing to the imagination,
It hurt so much to leave, I was left gasping on the floor,
In my heart I knew I owed you a better explanation.
You cried and My heart shattered,
I cry and you don't even know,
i got so cold inside my teeth began to chatter,
I walk away and i feel my love beginning to go.
Nothing I did was right,
nothing I did was good,
I felt my mind and my heart rearing to fight,
but every thing hurts, as it should.
Im horrible inside,
and nothing will change,
because with each passing minute I tell myself never to confide,
to you I probably sound so strange.
I've built up these walls,
and no one can break them down,
even when you think you might, you'll be the one who falls,
I cant even muster up the courage to frown.
though later, when my door is shut,
I cry so much it could fill up an entire pool,
i feel like I'm just getting worse, seriously I feel it in my gut,
I'm walking around, joking about it, looking and acting like such a fool.
This is bad, This is really really bad,
unfortunately I'll never be better than I am now,
and frankly it's quite sad,
I just wish I could grow into a better person, some day, some how.
-AmberWomack 8/25/10

No comments: